Driven Cavity Flow Results

A few days ago I wrote about the Driven Cavity Flow Problem. Since then, I decided to re-solve the problem with a 1002 grid size and with a more strick residual tolerance of 10-6.  Three days later and with nearly 700,000 iterations, the residuals had tapered off nearly to the target. I had to stop the code because I needed the computer for other work. However, here are the results I obtained:

Residual

For the velocity vectors, I am plotting every third data point to make it easier to see. The background color is a countour of the pressure field.

CavityFlow

1 comment: